Monday, May 10, 2010

Montreal Comic Convention, Post-Con Report

Remember at Halloween, when Gambit and Deadpool went to that party? Well, they were at it again this year, going to the Montreal Comic Convention with their good friend Dr. Manhattan. Read on to find out how it went. Take it away, Wade!

Hey there, cool cats and cool catettes. So I got together with some buddies of mine and we headed on down to the Montreal Comic Con. I heard there was a costume contest, so I dressed up as James Bond. Roger Moore-era Bond, mind you. He was so handsome.
Click to see full size
Anyway, the three of us got real pumped for our day of digging through bins looking for THAT ONE ISSUE, haggling with dealers, looking at stuff we could never afford, and, of course, checkin' out dames in kinky outfits. Real pumped. Like, '90s high-top boots pumped. The Doc's a pretty cool guy, even though he gave me cancer.
Click to see full size
Speakin' of the ladies, we quickly teamed up with a few of them to defend Truth, Freedom, and Dollar Bins.
Click to see full size
We ran into the Phoenix and Gambit seemed to approve. Doc Manhattan, not so much. This dude's just TOO Zen. If he keeps it up, he'll always have blue balls.
Click to see full size
Gambit nearly divided by zero when he met his creator, Chris Claremont. If Remy touched Chris, the Universe would've collapsed due to the paradox, or something. I don't know. I'm not good with theoretical apocalpysology (Home Ec was always more fun).
Click to see full size
Dr. Manhattan seemed to get along well with Claremont. Not sure why. Maybe they both like taking engine blocks apart in the nude. I don't know.
Click to see full size
As usual, there was some crazy good local talent, like Kate Bradley (I call her Red) and Mr. Kelly Tindall, busy at work in this photo while the foxy lady behind him sends a text message to her best friend explaining how she's bored out of her skull and tired of the dude with the red rag over his head checking her out.
Click to see full size
Get a loada Kelly's table! Check out that there Big Sister. I don't know about you guys, but I love a chick who can rock leg braces, corsets, and porthole-equipped diving helmet. Long walks on the ocean floor? I could totally get in on that. Would you kindly call me, baby, and make my dreams come true?
Click to see full size
It was also good to see some other Canadian costumed crusaders at the 'con, including the team from Heroes of the North. I guess even the Doc can't resist a bumblebee brassiere. (Can you blame him?) And wasn't he in 'Nam with the Canadian Shield? No, I haven't read a history book lately. Why do you ask?
Click to see full size
While peacefully perusing a Star Wars bin, I found myself confronted by the Dark Lord of the Sith himself, Darth Freakin' Vader. Dude's as tall as they say he is and twice as smelly. Also, his movies REALLY took liberties with his uppity flashlight.
Click to see full size
Luckily, Dr. Manhattan was able to restore order before anyone got boo-boos.
Click to see full size
But that's not all! I got the surprise of my life (no, Siryn didn't take me back) when I was chosen as one of the winners of the costume contest! I guess I really DID look like Roger Moore. One of the sweet prizes I got was a near-mint copy of G.I. Joe #1, with colours that look even more vibrant than any of my monthly books! Next time, I'll try dressing up as the Shark from Jaws.
Click to see full size
There you have it! Thanks, Wade, for your colourful commentary. An even bigger thank-yo to the convention organizers and to all who came to another fun-filled action-packed Montreal Comic Con! The next one is a 2-day convention in September, taking place on the weekend of the 11 and the 12. I'll be there. Will YOU?

This week's comic will be something a little different. Details will be revealed about Cobra's nefarious plot -- across the border! Check back this weekend for an all-new comic.

No comments:

Search Function!

Custom Search