Friday, July 27, 2012

Q&Ages 25 & Up #29: July 2012

Previous Q&A

Time for another Q&A!  But first, I'd like to take a moment to remind you about the Skype session tomorrow night at 9 PM Eastern.  Get all the details here!


Question #1 - Flint-wo2 asks:
Will we see any of the movie Joes when they get released?

1337W422102 answers:
They ARE out, and we've seen two of them already!  Storm Shadow appears in #192 "Storms and Shadows" and The Rock shows up in #198 "Two Parts Rock, One Part Roll."

I'd like to show some others, but these figures are a) not widely available, b) massively underwhelming, and c) overpriced as hell.  But I'll probably cave and get some more, since the story kind of needs them.  At least one more of them will appear, but I'd like to make it two.


Question #2 - Meddatron asks:
Any chance we will see some sort of sweet mockery of the latest Retaliation debacle?

1337W422102 answers:
I don't want to give these Hollywood shenanigans undeserved attention and money.


Question #3 - Meddatron asks:
Roy, Roy, Roy.  Any chance he somehow comes back?  Prequel maybe?

1337W422102 answers:
Roy was a Cobra Stinger driver and longtime rival of Clutch.  In a final showdown, Roy drove his borrowed Humvee off a cliff.

I hadn't thought about the possibility of a flashback, but I that's a good idea.  However, remember what Meredith said in #187 "La Fille du Roy": no body was recovered from the wreckage, so Roy might still be out there, somewhere...


Question #4 - Meddatron asks:
Speaking of Roy, his character was very well played as well as Meredith's.  Do you have any other original characters planned for the future?

1337W422102 answers:
I can't take the credit for them.  My buddy and figure supplier D.Chan created the characters and made their figures for me to use, and they're not the only ones he devised.

But if you mean original characters of mine, then yeah, there's something I'd like to do.  About five years ago, before I started the comic, I used to do animated shorts with toys.  I made this buddy-cop action flick with Transformers called "Bad Mother Truckers."  It was silly stuff, but fun to do and I'd written three story arcs.  I only had the chance to get one of them off the drawing board, though.  I'd like to remake the first Bad Mother Truckers story as a comic, and continue their story, maybe as an "Ages 25 & Up Presents" alternate-universe sorta thing.  Well, actually, it could take place in the A25Universe, now that I think about it.


Question #5 - Meddatron asks:
Have you seen the series Comic Book Men on AMC with Kevin Smith?  What are your thoughts on it?  Yay or nay?

1337W422102 answers:
Yeah, but it's THE FLYING CAR!

I haven't seen it, but I like the sound of it already.


Question #6 - Meddatron asks:
Coffee, energy drink, booze, cola?  Which does Numbers prefer?

1337W422102 answers:
Your body needs water, so drink that shit.


Question #7 - Meddatron asks:
If you called the shots for the Slim Jim company, who would be your spokesman, who would be your Randy Savage?

1337W422102 answers:
Bruce Campbell.


Question #8 - Monkeywrench asks:
#200 is approaching! Can you share a hint on what you have planned?

1337W422102 answers:
You can find some hints in #194, #196, and #199.

#200 will take me some time to prepare, so just like #100, which means that there will be a one-week gap between #199 and #200.  I don't want to rush #200 and half-ass it, know what I mean?  So sit tight and prepare your bodies for Ages 25 & Up #200!


Question #9 - Monkeywrench asks:
Will we ever see another alternate universe comic like PGS?

1337W422102 answers:
I want to make those Bad Mother Truckers issues, which will be an alternate universe, so yeah.  There'll be other stuff, too, eventually.


Question #10 - Monkeywrench asks:
We love your funny strips but when is the next serious comic coming?

1337W422102 answers:
I intend to do more, but I don't have any planned right now.  Drama's hard, man.


Question #11 - The David Harris asks:
If a company made a G.I. Joe video game, what kind of game would you like to see?  It doesn't have to be based on the movie franchise.

1337W422102 answers:
Something like Jagged Alliance or oldschool Syndicate.  An action-packed tactical, squad-based title with explosions and manliness.  Have your assault team distract the Cobras in the front of the base while you send your commandos and/or ninjas through the jungle to sneak in from the back.  Stuff like that.

That's it for this month's Q&A.  Got more questions?  Ask away tomorrow during the Skype session!  See you there.

 Previous Q&A

No comments:

Search Function!

Custom Search